Thursday, June 27, 2013

46,800 Page Views?!

Hello, folks.  The last time that I updated this blog was nearly 3 years ago (on July 7, 2010. to be exact).

For a research project with my summer teaching job (Upward Bound at Bemidji State University), I recently fired up my old blog and realized that, since being purchased by Google, Blogger has a TON of metrics that you can use to view and monitor the traffic taking place across your blog.

While browsing through these metrics, my mind was quickly blown; I quickly discovered that my little old blog has a total of 46,800 total views from its conception 5 years ago.

46,800 views?!  Are people really that interested in what I once said?

Well, I am taking this huge number as an inspiration to fire my blog back up and pump out some more entries (let's see if we can drive this total even higher).

Thank you if you have been checking in with me over the literal years, I think it is really cool, and I really appreciate it.

I will do my best to post more critical explorations of my teaching career thus far (I have officially earned tenure in the state of MN!), as well as issues on my mind (I am EXTREMELY interested in the way video games can tell a narrative at the present moment, and I feel a post in the works about that right now!).

Thanks again, everyone, and stay tuned.

-Rick Lee Filipkowski

No comments: