Tuesday, June 9, 2009

CI 5472 Post (for fun) 2.5.3 - Not So Quick Crack at Podcasting: Problem Solving Strategies / Literacies in Video Games

Bellow is my first crack at podcasting and working with Audicity. As such, the audio quality isn't great, but it does the job. Also, as I reflect on this experience, it would really help to plan things out before recording (go figure). Basically, I apologize in advance for some of the stuttering... it still rocks! I promise you.

In the podcast I spend time discussing how Professor Beach's idea of games teaching / exercising "problem solving strategies / literacies" relates to the Xbox title Splinter Cell: Double Agent - a great example of a game exercising the types of problem solving strategies / literacies that Professor Beach is talking about. Because I couldn't figure out how to upload the audio alone, I quickly created a movie and paired some art and images from the game with my audio. Nothing fancy, but it will help give you a little bit greater sense of what the game is all about. Also, embedded bellow is an official review of the game if you want further information.

Thanks for reading, listening, and watching!



The official video review from Gamespot.

No comments: